Start a new topic

smoking

Legally, can I put no smoking and no pets on the application and the lease agreement?

Yes you can place no smoking and no pets on your lease. I've never heard of it being illegal in any state.
YES YOU CAN PUT I T ON THERE. WE DONT ALLOW ANY SMOKING ANYWHERE ON OUR PROPERTYS NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF HEALTH CONCERNS BUT BECAUSE OF SAFETY ISSUES AND  JANITORIAL ISSUES VALERIE MASEULI
We do not have a specific form for that, but you can create a form by clicking LANDLORDFORMS>MY CUSTOM DOCUMENTS.
Yes, that is beyond normal wear. I would def deduct from security deposit.
Yes, that is damage caused due to a violation of their lease.  I would charge them to clean it or repaint it.
I rent in Milwaukee. yes you can.
Also during the initial interview he stated he does not smoke. When I found out that he does he stated that he lied because he wants to quit.
If a tenant is violating the clause of no-smoking, the landlord can evict him/her under code violation.  To start the eviction process, a landlord has to send a prior notice of eviction to a tenant.  Thereafter, either tenant accepts the notice and vacates the property in a given time or challenge eviction notice in the court. At that time, the landlord should be prepared with all the proofs of code violation by tenant. So, I would suggest you, don't take any action against tenant until you gather solid proof of code violation.  To know more about code violation, visit, Compliance Connections: https://www.complianceconnections.com/
Login to post a comment