Start a new topic

Tenant Screenings

I have one main tenant, but he put on the application that his girlfriend will be living in the unit as well, with their young daughter. Should I run a credit and background check for the girlfriend too? 60 bucks seems very pricey for an application fee.

If you own a business in a real estate niche or have an idea to run and want everything to be automated for the sake of excluding the human factor then read it https://webcase.studio/blog/types-real-estate-software/
I have all adults living in the property sign the lease.  I don't necessarily run credit checks on both,  if the first one is good enough to rent to alone.  If both sign the lease they have jointly and severally liability to pay.  It gives you a second person that is responcible to pay and that you can sue if things go south,
I usually only run the tenants who will be responsible for the rent. If the girlfriend will be splitting rent, you will want her to be run. if she is just an occupant, then i would not run her background.
Login to post a comment