Start a new topic

carpet

Our tenant did not like the carpet that was in the house.  There was nothing wrong with it, they just wanted something different and asked if they could change it.  We said they could, provided it was installed properly.  I am thinking that very soon they will be moving out.  Can they remove the carpet they installed?

The next time have tenants sign an addendum allowing them to change the carpet. You may want to include language such as “Landlord must approve type of rug and color”, etc.  You could also state that when they leave they must replace the rug back to the original (similar) type/color at their expense. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
No, if it is something that is installed, ie carpet, lights, cabinets, then it becomes part of house.
Login to post a comment