Start a new topic

Difficulty collecting rent

The tenant has signed a 2 yr lease. During the first year lease, I had the tenant set up with automatic withdrawals for the rent however towards the end of the first lease her account began having insuffient funds available then her checks began to bounce. We came up with an alternative plan where I had an agent arrange to pick up or have the tenant drop the money off every month. That is somewhat working. What other methods of payments can I use - where she does not have to receive or give a call every month? Also this month her phone is disconnected so there is no way for me to contact her. I sent her several emails however no response. i live out of the state however I will be in town in a couple of weeks for a few days. How should I inform her about wanting to come for a visit? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

This Message was very hepful
How long can you go without receiving rent? Stop wasting your time trying to work things out. Lack of communication on her part should be a clue.  You need to send a Pay or Quit Notice and follow up with an Eviction Notice, if necessary. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data.
Send a letter.  If you don't have her email or phone then you do know where she lives.
Login to post a comment