Start a new topic

Renewal of Lease Tenant not giving full notice or is he?

At the end of this Lease Agreement, this lease will continue in full force and effect on a month to month basis unless Tenant or Landlord provides written notice to the other party at least 90 days before the end of the term (term of the lease agreement) to terminate the Lease (includes any exercised renewal or extension thereof)   I thought I had this set up so that the tenant would have to give 90 days notice even when on the month to month, please let me know if I'm wrong.  Does this mean the tenant has to give a 90 day notice if he is on a month to month or not?

Bill thanks for the reply/answer.  Second question.  DO I have any recourse as the tenant is set on leaving inside of 30 days versus the 90?  Also, he is a licensed contractor so I gave breaks on the rent for work around the property, this is all documented.  Some of this work hasn't been finished, thoughts on how I go about collecting?
Yes the Tenant will still have to give 90 days notice. A month to month extension or renewal is considered a periodic term. Therefore, the tenant and landlord would give 90 days.
Login to post a comment