Start a new topic

Tenant killing lawn

Hi   I have a tenant that turned off sprinkler timer and is adamant that the gardener turned it off (a gardener I  provider) and now refuseing to paid to reseed lawn saying that’s a gardener job base on the lease agreement, but she missing the part bout her watering and causing the lawn to die  this is a part of the lease agreement   {Tenant agress to maintain the yard and landscaping including trimming, cutting, and fertilizing unless a gardener responsible for such services is provided by landlord. Tenant agress to furnish trashcans, hoses, and other equipment necessary to maintain the yard and landscaping. Tenant agress to water the lawn, trees, shrubs and flowers sufficiently to keep them alive and healthy. Any landscaping which dies from lack of water shall be replaced in a kind at tenant sole expense. If the tenant’s yard is not maintained to the reasonable satisfaction of the landlord, tenant authorizes landlord to hire a gardener/landscaping company and to pay for this expense as additional rent.}  She told me she giving a lease agreement to her lawyer cause I’m trying to scam her     Am’i in a right to have her pay for this reseeding cause she turned off sprinkler timer killing lawn when the lease agreement said she would water lawn    Any input

Small claims court or do not renew the lease and have her take you to court for the deductions from the security deposit.
Login to post a comment