Start a new topic

Damage to pain, holes from photos in walls, nicks on door framing

Tenants have moved out 4 days prior to their lease termination and I went there today to find they have surfaced cleaned only, ie: no vacuuming, dirty tub, etc.  Even more concerning is that there are several nicks in the door framing and crayon marks on walls.  Deciding if I should email them a notice stating the issues that need addressed or avoid the conflict and pay a professional to do the repairs after they move out using the security deposit.  

The nicks, dents, holes in wall are usually considered normal wear & tear. If the paint is 3 yrs or more, the paint job is your expense unless you can't easily remove the crayon marks. This is iffy. Have the place cleaned and take it from the sec. dpst. So which is it? In the beginning you state that they moved out 4 days before the lease ended. In the last sentence you state “and pay a professional to do the repairs after they move out”. Also, why did their move 4 days prior to lease expiring an issue? -------- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with this EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
I agree with Bob, pretty common and would be considered normal wear and tear. Many states require landlords to issue an accounting of all monies deducted from tenants' security deposit refunds, after the tenants have vacated. This worksheet helps the landlord break down all expenses deducted from the security deposit.  http://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/11865/security_deposit_accounting_statement/
I severely believe this web web site demands much more thought. I will virtually surely be again to examine substantially additional, many thanks for that knowledge.A person point I just motivation to mention is your Weblog is so best worthwhile for us.I hope you are likely to still hold in submitting new content & thank you for sharing your great experience among us. http://theviiimarketingreviews.wetpaint.com/
Hi:  Thanks for your input.  I wnet ahead and hired a drywall company to come out and do the repairs as the damage to the drywall and wood frames.  Do you request your tenants to professionally clean the carpet prior to their move out or do you pay for this in between tenants?
Login to post a comment