Start a new topic

Addendum to previous carpet proration question

So my question is since it wasn't fair for me to charge my tenants for the carpet damage what would you do? Would you refund them the money or just move on and use what I have learned for next time?  We came  to an agreement but I can tell they weren't happy about it.  I just have never come across this situation before.

Since the carpet was so-so when they rented it and now its 5 yrs old, if it was me, I would give them back their $$$$ for the carpet. Tell them that you did some research and concluded that they should not have been charged. Also, mentioned that you’re sorry for the inconvenience that you had caused. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
thx
Login to post a comment