Start a new topic

Just found tenant that left owing $

I have just found the address of the tenant that I evicted last May owing approx $3,000 and did $$$$  damage on her way out. Malicious damage to windows and lights, and a cat who soiled everywhere, against lease.  I did not serve her with a final bill as she just disappeared. How do I proceed? I am in Las Vegas, Nevada Do I send her an itemized bill now? Do I go straight to small claims court? Can I bill her for the cost of eviction, notice serving etc? I have since sold the house, but sold it as a fixer. What is my time line? Thanks

Thanks Shane Any tips for small claims court. It will be Henderson, and I read I am supposed to list assets that can be used by the court. Thanks
We had a similar problem.  I took the tenant to small claims court and had a $4000.00 claim against her.  The problem is enforcing the claim.  Those kinds of people are slippery and do this type of activity on a regular basis.  Go to small claims court because it takes time but not money on your part.  Good luck.
Oooooohhhh, that made me so mad!!! i would definitely contact a lawyer on this one! ugh people are just awful.
Login to post a comment