Start a new topic

REGARDING a room deposit

I had rented a room in my home and my renter has moved out, I need to know how long do I legally have to return her deposit under Minnesota law and also I am now renting the  whole house out and when they are done renting (which will be in about 6 months, how long do I have to return their deposit also? Thank you!

At the end of the tenancy, a landlord must return the tenant's security deposit plus three percent simple noncompounded interest per year or give the tenant a written explanation as to why the deposit or any part of it has not been returned, Minnesota Statute 504B. 178.  The landlord must make the refund within 21 days after the day the tenancy ends. The tenant must give the landlord a forwarding address.
At the end of the tenancy, a landlord must return the tenant's security deposit plus three percent simple noncompounded interest per year or give the tenant a written explanation as to why the deposit or any part of it has not been returned, Minnesota Statute 504B. 178.  The landlord must make the refund within 21 days after the day the tenancy ends. The tenant must give the landlord a forwarding address.
Login to post a comment