Start a new topic

irresponsible 20 yr. old tenant

Im renting a basement room in my home to a 20yr.old used to be student. He didnt attend class so he lost all of his funding, including rent.   first he paid a month&1/2 in advance cause he was waiting for his money. I gave him a reciept stating he had paid till end of july.  then he called to ask if he could move in 2 weeks early. I said yes and assumed that the rent would start when he moved in. I didnt think to change the reciept. FIRST MISTAKE.   I was trying to help.  1 week before the rent is due I find out he has no money. he said he went to get food stamps and that they would give him the rent. I wasnt sure what to do.  Then he starts bringing in LOTS of people that are spending the night. then I smell beer on them and they are all underage.  I will not take the fall for underage drinking or the liability. then he is running the air conditioner with the windows open.  I had a talk with him about the air and the drinking and told him it is not acceptable. now he is running the he

If he hasn't paid rent, send him proper notice and start eviction.
Ask a lawyer some will give you a free consultation, Ibelieve he is your tenant and you must evict him like the law says in your state , get a lawyer and ask, He is a nuisance.
Login to post a comment