Start a new topic

Strange circumstance

How does one go about evicting a relative out my personal residence when there was never any lease agreement?  Do I have to go through the eviction process?  This person has paid some money per month to help out with food etc.. but never enough to really cover anything. Thanks B

Get a good attorney or have the relative move-out voluntary by giving that person money to move.  As funny as this sounds the second option will end up the most time and cost effective.
Check your tenant law in your state but I believe you have to file a eviction , 30 days or whatever your state allows and then he can fight it if he wants. A judge in many states is the only person that can make him move.
Login to post a comment