Start a new topic

Home Maintenance & Improvements

I am renting out a room in my older home. I know that there are specific regulations to follow regarding lead-paint related renovations/repairs (i..e, anything that might disturb the paint such as scraping or fixing a wall or ceiling). Are there any other home improvement regs we should be aware of? (For example we're putting a concrete walkway in the yard)

Do you have a homeowners association, if so there may rules/regulations regarding the improvements you make on your home. For example, we had a home in a historic district and could not even put a shed in the yard. If not, you may also want to contact your city zoning department.
Thanks. We don't have an HOA. I contacted the City and they said my suggested improvement/landscaping was fine and we don't need a permit. Our housemate is pretty easygoing and he is happy with any improvement.
We invest more money while thinks to do home maintenance. So save money and take care of valuable things. Safely use material, tools, techniques for future home maintenance. Home improvement can give you proper safety and protection to our house. You can find some informative ideas related to this at alphaimpactwindows.com.
Login to post a comment