Start a new topic

30 or 60 days Notice?

My rental is in New Jersey.  My tenant rented for 1 year.  He only gave 30 days notice that he would not be renewing his lease.  Our contract states that he must give 60 days or I can keep the security deposit.  I read that NJ has a 30 day rule.  Is this true?  I was able to find a new tenant in time but I should have been able to show the place and interview many more people if I was given more time.  There are some damages.  Frankly, he was a terrible tenant.  I'm threatning to keep his security deposit for violating the 60 days notice rule.  Do I have the right?  

I believe that for a yearly Lease... the tenant must give the landlord written notice of at least one full month, unless otherwise agreed upon within the lease.
Thank you, that's what I thought I read; 30 days, unless otherwise stated in the lease agreement.  
Thank you, that's what I thought I read; 30 days, unless otherwise stated in the lease agreement.  
Login to post a comment