Start a new topic

notices

My landlord posts notices of late payments on doors, outwardly facing.  When this happened to me, I reqeusted that any future notices be placed in an envelope.  I was told that it is "mgmt policy" to post outwardly facing (for all to see).  Are there any regs covering this?  I live in NM.

I don’t think post dating checks is a good idea. Consider bill pay thru your bank. If local laws require your landlord to give their name and address, have the rent payment go to their resident. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
I used to provide the year's checks in advance, dated first of each month, but mgmt no longer allows this.
Well the landlord has been wrong in posting these notices, and this is the second time.  We have two part-time managers who apparently don't communicate well regarding receipt of payment.  Would not be that big of a deal, mistakes happen, except for how these notices are posted.
One way to stop the posting is pay your rent on time. If for some reason it would work better on another day (such as the 15th of the month) see if that can be arranged. It's better than always paying late ---- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Notices must be posted in a conspicuous manner.  Anyone should be able to walk up and read it.  Therefore, do NOT leave it in an envelope, slide it under the door or through the mail slot, etc.  
Login to post a comment