Start a new topic

Colorado Service dogs and my No Pets rule. Does it apply to tenants Guest too?

My question is do I have to allow for my Tenants friends (Guest) to bring her service dog in th property? What if it is only a companion dog not regisistered service dog.

A service dog is not considered a "pet".  Service dogs are allowed anywhere the person is by law.
The ADA defines a service animal as any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. If they meet this definition, animals are considered service animals under the ADA regardless of whether they have been licensed or certified by a state or local government.
The catch word is “Trained” and if a certificate is given after training. If the answer is yes, have them give you a copy for your files. Don’t forget to take a picture of the animal. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
Login to post a comment