Start a new topic

renovations

We have an older building part of which no one has touched in 40+ years. we have 3 apartemts. but have the potential to get 6-8 in the building.     My questions at this point are.     should we make 1 or 2 bedroom apartments or a combination of both?    Heating systems...  I know electric baseboard would be the cheapest for us to install.  but is also very expensive to heat with. Hot water heat via fuel oil is some what more economicaly but much more costly for us to install. Heat pumps I know several people in our area are converting to heat pumps to save money. any of you offering heat pumps?     Does anyone know if in PA do bedrooms.apartments have to have windows?     Final question are there any restrictions on minimum SQFT, for total apartment size, bedroom size and such.   

I would set up 2 bedroom apartments.  As for heating, go with the electric baseboard, because surviving as a landlord depends on your ability to keep your costs at a bare minimum, and it will be the tenant who is responsible for utilities. Most states do require that bedrooms have at least one window.
ALTHOUGH it moght be true with electric baseboard you would be able to ask for much rent. People would pay more rent if heat is included. in PA your only required to porvide 68 degrees during the winter mouths Oct-Apirl. if they wont more they (Tenant) can buy Electric Heaters). 68 degrees is good enough.
ALTHOUGH it moght be true with electric baseboard you would'nt be able to ask for much rent. People would rather pay more rent if heat is included. in PA your only required to porvide 68 degrees during the winter mouths Oct-Apirl. if they wont more they (Tenant) can buy Electric Heaters). 68 degrees is good enough
Login to post a comment