Start a new topic

Lease Signed - But no response from renter

We initiated a lease with a renter and the move in date is supposed to be Feb 1st.  I left a vm, sent a text and e-mail to the tenant to set up a final walk through for Monday, Jan 30, but have received no response.  The lease was signed over a week ago and of course no deposit accompanied the lease.  All prior correspondence from this tenant was immediate.  The silence is giving me an indication they no longer are intersted.  Are we held to any liability to uphold that lease since the lease was signed, but no deposit made?  I want to repost the house for rent since it is crucial we get this property rented asap.  Is there any time restriction that I have to obey before reposting the house for rent since the leased is signed?   

If you have not signed the lease, you can send them a letter stating that you could not get in contact with them and that you are forced to put the house back for rent.
Fine line here. If all parties did sign the lease, nothing stops them from stating the unit is theirs. They could claim that they tried to reach you but were unable to. I could site more examples, but you get the drift. I would check with an attorney on this one.
Fine line here. If all parties did sign the lease, nothing stops them from stating the unit is theirs. They could claim that they tried to reach you but were unable to. I could site more examples, but you get the drift. I would check with an attorney on this one.
Login to post a comment