Start a new topic

Rent not paid

I have not received rent payment from my tenants in the state of Texas and need to move forward with at least a late notice/demand payment letter. I did find one on here but since I am in the state of California does anyone know if I need to certify mail it or can I have a relative/friend "serve" it to them at the home? Other option is email but I don't know if this is a legal step?   Thanks!!

Suggestion: Lookup a paralegal to serve your Notice. It should cost about $35-$45. Payment should be Bank Check or have them deposit it directly to your account, cash only. Checks bounce and takes 1-2 weeks before you find out. In the mean time, start your homework on evictions.
Thank you thats a great suggestion! I will do this asap.. Thanks again
For all better researches regarding any difficulties and  scam for investigation sport get all types of guide lines on issues at http://www.intelligentinvestigations.com/indexrp6.php its the right place where is the solution of your problems with short time.
For all better researches regarding any difficulties and scam for investigation sport get all types of guide lines on issues at   http://www.intelligentinvestigations.com/indexrp6.php    its the right place where is the solution of your problems with short time. Posted by muhammad m, sind on Thursday, June 28, 2012
It may be best to send the letter via US Postal Service - signature required to begin. At least get the letter out immediately  - you could also consider delivering via FedEx, or UPS by using their document mailer.  Your tenants may be more apt to accept a FedEx or UPS delivery - since documents more often arrive via the regular post.  Then, I believe there are form letters with EZ Landlord Forms that are state specific for Texas, I found a 3 day notice to vacate, and a 5 day notice to vacate, but I don't know if that's what you want your tenants to do at this point.  It's important to follow steps at this point. And document your activity in a notebook, with dates and times and copies.  This will come in handy later if you must pursue recovery of rents and other fees or damages.  The steps you should follow are outlined in the Texas Landlord and Tenant Act -  or something similar.  In my EZ Landlord account I see under "Popular Forms" : Arizona 10 Day Notice to Cure or Vacate and Arizona 5 day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit"  - You could use the Live Help Online - and ask for Texas specific documents and where to find them in EZ Landlord forms.  Hope this helps!  
Login to post a comment