Start a new topic

Can I specify in the lease not to use fireplace in the unit?

Can we specify in the lease not to use fireplace in our rental house? Is there any sample lease agreement clause to that effect?

I would just do something to make it unusable. In one of mine I just caulked a metal decorative plate over the opening.
I would create an "Addendum - Fireplace Use" for them to sign/date stating that they are not to use the fireplace and if they do they would be responsible for all damages. You can also state that using the fireplace is a lease violation and a cause for eviction. Have your lease refer to the Addendum ---- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment