Start a new topic

INSPECTION NOTICE

CAN I NOTIFY THE TENANT BY PHONE OF A HOME INSPECTION , IF I GIVE 12 HR. NOTICE?

It is different in every state, the circumstance, dwelling, etc.  Example:  State of WI, A landlord has the right to inspect, repair, and show the premises at reasonable times. Except for emergency situations, the landlord may enter only after a 12-hour advance notice unless you allow entry on shorter notice.  This is what I found '12 HOUR' prior notice - - check FLORIDA'S LANDLORD/TENANT RIGHTS and STATUTES AND RULES to confirm.  http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html - -  Section 83.53(2), F.S. The landlord may enter the dwelling unit at any time for the protection or preservation of the premises. The landlord may enter the dwelling unit upon reasonable notice to the tenant and at a reasonable time for the purpose of repair of the premises. “reasonable notice” and “reasonable time are defined as twelve (12) hours prior to the entry and between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.  The landlord may also enter at any time when: The tenant is absent from the premises for a period of time equal to one-half the time for periodic rental payments. If the rent is current and the tenant notifies the landlord of an intended absence, then the landlord may enter only with the consent of the tenant or for the protection or preservation of the premises. The tenant has given consent; The tenant unreasonably withholds consent; and/or,  In an emergency; The landlord shall not abuse the right of access nor use it to harass the tenant.
You can always ask. A lot depends on your relationship with the tenants. Normally, it required a written 24 hr Notice. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download with data
Login to post a comment