Start a new topic

Ending or Renewing the Lease Agreement

I was under the impression that I was entitled to a thirty day notice, but after reading my month to month rental agreement it states on rules and Regulations #22 that: Either the Landlord or the Tenant may end or change the terms of this lease by giving a 14 day's prior written notice? Is this true because it is a month to month ? Or does this apply to any Agreement in Arizona?  Totally confused!  Mary J.

It's 30 days for AZ, to end a month to month lease, which is stated in the State Assist information in Step 4 of the lease builder wizard on this site.
I believe it means as its written: "At the end of the lease term, this lease agreement shall automatically continue for an additional lease term unless the landlord or the tenant(s) provide to the other party advance written notice of at least 30 days prior to the last day of the lease agreement or renewal thereof." So,  yes if notice is not given then the lease renews for an additional month. With regards to notice to end, you would need to check your state laws as some states do change after a longer term rental period.
The Lease term is one year that was the ? as I would not want the tenant giving a 30 day notice after any time they could as it does say Lease term. The lease term was 1 year and not 30 days so would that not be a nother 1 year term and not go to a month to month as most leases state in them.
While it does state that the lease will automatically renew after it is ended, the tenant can get out of that automatic lease easily enough.  Usually what happens is the lease turns into a month to month rental in the courts eyes, it depends on the state you are in and the judge if it went to court.  The best thing to do would be to give the tenant a 30 day notice that the lease is terminating to give them a chance to renew, or at the very least contact them when the lease is up to let them know and give them the option, or you can simply keep it as a month to month agreement.
Login to post a comment