Start a new topic

Re:  Non Payment of rent and Illegal unit shut down

I have a shop on my property that I had converted into a living space.  This was not permited and is now been investigated by the town I live in.  They are very nice and ask that I evict the tenant and then I have to pay to have the unit put back to original state with no living space.  I sent this tenant a certified eviction notice and never received the receipt from her.  She will not respond to phone calls or emails so I don't know what she plans on doing.  There is no rental contract or deposit of any kind.  She was a friend that has taken advantage of my kindness and I want this to end.  She never paid rent for January or February and is living there for free.  I have a few more days before the eviction notice is final and need to now the next step.  I don't have money to put into a lawyer I just need to get rid of her.
1 Comment

If you've already given her an eviction notice, it's now time to file for eviction in rent court. There's an article on this site breaking down the eviction process, give it a read.
Login to post a comment