Start a new topic

Summary Ejectment

Tenant has not paid rent for 3 months now.  We have left the 10-day pay rent or quit notice which at the time tenant was no longer living in house but still has personal property in house.  Now we want to fill out the Summary Ejectment form but since tenant is no longer in house do we still put the him living at that address and how can the sheriff's dept. serve him with papers?
1 Comment

Yes, you would move as if the tenant is still in the rental UNLESS you have received a forwarding address. This serves 2 purposes. One-If there is a forwarding address order in effect with the post office, the tenant will get your notice and it proves that they have moved. Second-You need to follow procedures of eviction and therefore will need to send proper notice in the manner prescribed by your state.
Login to post a comment