Start a new topic

Texas Eviction

Hello all. Please allow me to explain the situation. My mother owns a single-family home close to where she currently lives. The house was unoccupied for a few months due to it needing much repair. The repairs were still not made when my brother allowed some friends of his to move in, in order to "help them out" because they couldn't afford a place to live. In exchange for rent, he said they were to make the needed repairs. My mother was unaware of this agreement because she was in the hospital at the time they moved in, and wasn't released until last month. They have lived there for roughly 6 months, and she has not seen a dime of rent, nor have any repairs been made. She wants to evict them, but after much research of rental law in Texas, we are at a loss as to what to do. My brother never had any legal right to rent them that property. She is permanently disabled, and in a wheelchair. Going to court would be extremely hard on her, and I'm hoping it can be a last resort. My main question is, can she use a notarized eviction notice to request that the people vacate the premises within 30 days? She and I typed this up, and I am wondering if it will be sufficient to make them leave.   January 27, 2012  To Whom It May Concern:  I, (My mother's name), the owner of the properly listed below, am issuing this notice in regards to the property located at:   (Address)  Please vacate the premises within 30 days, or by February 27, 2012.  I am terminating any lease you have with my son, (My brother's name), due to him never having any legal right to form a rental agreement involving my property.  Your cooperation is appreciated, as I do not want to pursue this matter in court.  Thank you,  (Signed and Printed with my Mother's name)
Login to post a comment