Start a new topic

60 days notice

If I give my tenant 60 days notice to move out...does he has to pay rent for those 60 days?
1 Comment

Not necessarily. If you give a tenant a 60 days notice, you’re telling tenant they must move within 60 days. If tenant finds a place before the 60 days ends, they must give you a Notice of when they will be moving. So let’s assume that you sent them a 60 Days Notice on May 31st that they had to move no later than July 31st.  On the June 17th you rec’d a 30 Day Notice that they were moving (midnight July 16th) and they did. They must pay you July’s rent in full. However, you will have to refund them 14 days rent. Also, don’t forget to send tenant a Notice that they are entitled to a pre-inspection 2 weeks before moving. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance
Login to post a comment