Start a new topic

30 Day time frame

I am fully aware of the 30 day time limit to refund or mail out the info to the tenant that moved out, but, I sent out the  security deposit itemization form to the incorrect address!!!  The tenant is expecting his deposit back, but does not realize that several provisions were not met, and is not getting his sec dep back.  But, I am afraid that if he takes me to small claims court, I will lose, as the cert letter was sent to the incorrect address!!    What can I do?  Thx.
1 Comment

Make sure the tenant gets that letter. Courts costs a lot of money, so hopefully the odds are in your favor.
Login to post a comment