Start a new topic

Ca. tenant can't pay rent and vacated the property

I am landlord in Ca. The tenant had one year lease but after 7 months,  emailed me that due to unable to pay rent, he vacated the premises and left the keys inside the house. Since he emailed me, is it legal to enter the premises? Can I take over the property? I am trying to work out with the tenant so that he can sign off the move-out documents but unable to reach the person for last 2 days. Thanks in advance.  Regards, -HS
1 Comment

I don’t think you will have a problem since he sent you an email stating his intention. You can also call PGE and other utility companies to see if he stopped service.  ---- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment