Start a new topic

Notice to discontinue  lease and take possession on good tenant

We have a property that we want to discontinue leasing.  A good tenant is in there under a month to month lease. (30 days required).  We need to give him written notice so that he does move.  We will be giving him 60 days versus the 30. I looked in the landlord forms to make sure what letter I should be using.  What is the proper form to use?  He has done nothing wrong we just need to take over the house for family.   
1 Comment

You might be able to find a form “Notice to Vacate” for your State on this website. You can also check state/local laws for delivery. Consider meeting the tenant and discussing your situation and why you need him to move. You may also want to tell him that even tho you gave him a 60 Days Notice, he could move any time. As for rent, consider a rebate if he moves out earlier. However, he is still required to give you a 30 day Notice when he plans to move before the 60 Days. Negotiate the terms so that it becomes a win-win situation. Keep us posted so others here will learn from your experience. ---- Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with your State/Local laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance.
Login to post a comment