Start a new topic

Ca. Serving "Unlawful Detainer" to all listed tanants

In Calif., do all tenants over 18 have to be served as defendants in an Unlawful Detainer. I had 2 tenants (Mother and adult Daughter), but one moved out, so the other can't pay rent.  The mother that moved out, I can not find, and the daughter will not tell me her address. Can I serve the daughter with both names as defendants? or  Can I serve just the daughter as the defendant and serve a "Prejudgment Claim of Right To Possession" for anyone else living at unit including the mother if she shows up to slow the process down later?
1 Comment

I would serve both people, and send it certified mail to the residence. You can also place the notice on the property in a very noticible location, like the front door.
Login to post a comment