Start a new topic

How much time after quit notice?

I have posted a 3 day quit notice, regarding a tenant who refuses to get rid of two extra dogs, not on lease agreement.  She told she will move and not get rid of dogs.  She is paid until end of May,  at that time what notice do I serve:  Notice to vacate?  When someone violates a lease agreement, are they responsible for balance of lease months?  Do I  put tenant on month-to-month if they haven't located a new place, provided they agree to monthly, until moved?  Thanks, for any advice, Lucki
1 Comment

I would 1st try to get a letter from her stating she plans on moving by xxxxx. If you don’t get a letter in hand from her within 24-48 hrs, send her a 3 Day Notice to correct the violation. If violation is not corrected, start eviction….. You may want to hire an attorney to serve the violation Notice. If you want her out, you may be able to file a Eviction/Termination Notice. Cost is approx $100…..She’s responsible for rent for the time she occupies the property. . -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Simp-List.com. Free Trial Download. A great program at a great price!
Login to post a comment