Start a new topic

nevada tenants do a runner, stealing and damaging apartment

hello. while I was on vacation, my tenants moved out of my apartment block and stole appliances and damaged the property. what can I do about this? it is now a big cost in repairs and replacement of items. Do I just make a police report or is there any other action that can be taken? thanks for useful suggestions!
1 Comment

Make a police report ASAP for theft and vandalism. Don’t forget to get a case # from them. Next, call your insurance agent and let him know what happened. The agent will probably want to inspect the property. If you have rental property insurance that includes loss of rent, they would also pay the rent until the unit is rentable. -----Disclaimer: Since I’ve been answering a lot of questions, I thought I would make the following statement. I’m not affiliated with EZlandlord Forms. I’m just here (not sure how long) to help those that have questions. Having 40+ yrs with Rental Property and done well, it’s my way of “Pay it Forward (check out the movie).” However, it is up to you to become familiar with Fed/State/Local and Tax Laws. I always like to know if the suggestions I offer are helpful. Feel free to comment anytime. Thanks in Advance. BTW...check out the Rental Property Organizer at Free Trial Download. A great program at a great price! Check it out.
Login to post a comment