Start a new topic

damages after move-out

after sending back the tenants security deposit we noticed a small crack in the tub which caused alot of water damage  in the walls and the floor and we had to totaly remodel the whole bath and floor.  They had to notice this because as you're taking a shower (thats how we found the water damage)  it feels like you're standing on a mushy foam rug and then we noticed on the other side of the wall (which would be the dining room) a water stain.  Since we had already sent their deposit back is there any way we can go back on them for this?
1 Comment

Hi Judy, The only way to remedy this situation is to sue them in small claims court. This is the reason, you thoroughly check everything before sending the deposit back, once you do it's going to be very difficult to cover those damages. Good luck.
Login to post a comment