Start a new topic

property needing work - tenant wont allow

I have rental home in TN that I need to complete work on (renovations were not finished when tenant moved in. They were aware of this). Every time I text them and try to set a date (always normal working hours m-f 8-6), they make an excuse why I cant come.  I've even gotten a response that they don't want to speak with me.   I have the following verbiage in my lease:  "31. LANDLORD ENTRY: In addition to the rights provided by applicable Tennessee law, Landlord shall have the right to enter the leased premises at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspecting the same and/or showing the same to prospective tenants or purchasers, and to make such reasonable repairs and alterations as may be deemed necessary by Landlord for the preservation of the leased premises or the building and to remove any alterations, additions, fixtures, and any other objects which may be affixed or erected in violation of the terms of this Lease. Landlord shall give reasonable notice of intent to enter  premises except in the case of an emergency"  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Send notice by mail and by email and a Phone message if need be. After 24 hours enter within reasonable hours and do your work.  They cannot refuse you access to your property with proper notice.
Why your tenant is not allowing you to do renovation of your home ? Send them a notice and  start working with your renovation .They do not have authority to deny your decision . View more at http://www.omicrongranite.net
Login to post a comment