Start a new topic

Wi eviction awarded damages tenant now in texas

Tenants evicted from my property with thousands of dollars awarded in damages thru Wisconsin court system. Tenants are now in Texas.  I have consulted Texas court house in the county they now reside.  No wage garnishment in TX  for my foreign docket. Any ideas of how to obtain payment?
1 Comment

You would most likely need to go through a collections agency, even then it may be a long time to actually get the owed money.  People can ignore collections for a long time especially if they dont care if their credit is damaged. You may also go to small claims which would start the court process over but they would need to pay of face imprisonment.
Login to post a comment