Start a new topic

Roommate move out

I have lease agreement with a couple who have decided to split up and one has moved out,no advance notice and wants her name removed from the lease.I will release her but intend to keep her security deposit which is 1/2 of total security deposit made.  Remaining roommate wants to stay and execute remaining lease with fiance's name removed from the lease  Do I charge tenant staying in the house additional security deposit ? not sure how to proceed
1 Comment

The easy thing to do would be to reimburse the leaving tenant and get the rest of the deposit from the remaining tenant. If this is too difficult end the lease entirely and return the security deposit to which the remaining tenant can pay in full.  You would also want a employment verification to make sure that the tenant can make all payments on their own.
Login to post a comment