Start a new topic

evicting someone legally

I have a tenant that would like her boyfriend off the lease and out of the apartment because he has made death threats to her. She is going to the courthouse on Monday to get a court ordered something. It's not a restraining order but a step below that. How do I go about getting him off the lease and away from the premises in a legal way?
1 Comment

Yes start an eviction based on testification from the tenant that she may be in harms way. Simply give him the property notice to quit and that will state he will need to be out by said date that you impose. You will need to speak with your local gov't on their regulations to evict a tenant each city has their own. Good luck and if there is the possibility of danger do not hesitate to call 911.
Login to post a comment