Start a new topic

Unauthorized occupant

I have a month to month rental agreement with a tenant in California.  I have become aware of a person claiming residence at the address (and I have seen this person at the residence myself) that is NOT on the rental agreement.  What action do I need to take?  Do I confront the tenant in person and follow up with a letter or notice?  Or do I just send a notice?  And what notice do I send?  I am fairly certain there are two other occupants living in the house that are not on the rental agreement but, I only have proof of 1.  The one I have proof of is also a registered sex offender.  Do I have any legal grounds for further action due to that fact?
Login to post a comment