Start a new topic

tenant vacated property and left adult daughter behind

Tenant vacated 6 months early because adult daughter wouldnt help out and wouldnt leave when tenant told her to.   Daughter was listed as occupant.  She is still there, rent is owed for this month and utilities may be shut off soon.  (Tenant had them in her name)  What can I do legally to get daughter to move.  Do I have to give her notice? Tenant has made contact with me to make arrangements to pay past due rent for this month and any other fees, but not for her daughter.  daughter also has 4 month old baby.
1 Comment

Yes you can evict or give a notice to quit or vacate. this notice to quit or vacate would be for them to remedy the issue themselves or move-out.  In any issue if you evict you must give the proper notice required by your state.
Login to post a comment