Start a new topic

Emergency termination of rental agreement

If a house suffers a major plumbing issue that will make it not cost effective to repair,   1. Is it possible to do an "emergency to vacate" from the landlord to the tenant? Obviously with no operational plumbing a tenant can not live there.  2. Does a landlord have to pay for the tenants relocation (ie; pay to put them up in a hotel, etc.) until they find a new place to live?
1 Comment

I would deduct the costs of temporary leave from their rent, get the plumbing fixed but make sure you document everything. notice for Monies deducted, notice for temporary move and costs of repairs. Luck to ya!
Login to post a comment