Start a new topic

Do I have the right to evict

The tenants moved in, paid security deposit and 3 months rent.  They have destroyed the outside wood siding by ripping it off and slicing the electrical line to the electric socket that feeds the master bedroom.  Dug a huge hole in my back yard about 5 ft. wide and about 2 ft. deep, for a burn pit (too close to my house), dug a trench where they had planned to run the electricity from my house out to the storage building (without permission), they have pink paint hand prints on the exterior of the home, turquoise paint on the driveway, tore up 3 blinds in the home and has been smoking inside the home (not permitted per lease). I gave them 2 weeks to get it cleaned up and fixed.  Upon my 2 week inspection, the house is 10 times worse.  There is more damage to, black and white paint splattered on my newly painted red porch, more paint on the exterior of the home Black paint on the green and white paint, black paint on the refrigerator, several trailer loads of junk (clothes, pipes, TV's, bed rails, buckets, etc..) dumped in the back yard.  Inside the home is a total disaster.  Every room was full of junk and carpets were filthy, the house smells of urine and smoke, one room is not even livable, it's full of junk from the floor to the ceiling. I could go on and on.
1 Comment

OMG that sounds awful! I would really read your lease agreement. Most lease agreements protect the property and have clauses within them about maintenance to the property. That sounds like a major break of the lease. I think you have the right to evict but you will really need to find the areas of your lease that has been broken. Also make note of everything and keep record of everything. Make sure you have before and after pictures as well, that will always help. I wish you the best of luck.
Login to post a comment