Start a new topic

Court agreement for payment/the check bounced

I recently went through the eviction process with a tenant who is on a month to month agreement and we settled during court with an agreement stated and approved by the judge. The tenant was to pay a total of $1,200 in back rent within 10 days from that day in court or she would be in default. She paid in time with a personal check. The remainder of the money owed was documented on a promissory note signed and dated by both of us. I just received notice from the bank that she wrote the check on a closed account and the check was no good. Do I have to start the eviction process all over or how does this work? Is she in default? How many days should she have to move out? Do I just need to make a phone call to the court stating her check has bounced. Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point but so would hiring a lawyer also. Thank you, Janel Drew/Manager The Chetco Inn Brookings, OR 97415
1 Comment

I would contact the court and get more information on your next move. Or contact an attorney
Login to post a comment