Start a new topic

Abandoment notice

my siblings and I have a property my mother left us. We let my brother live there since he had nowhere else to go and he paid the bills for a few years.  Last September he stopped paying the mortgage and the HOA dues but paid his utilities, so I have been paying the whole time.  He never took the mortgage out in his own name its still in my deceased mothers name.   As of last month he no longer has utilities as they have been disconnected and neighbors claim they have not seen him for several months.  Can my sister and I or I post a notice of abandonment as he does not pay any bills but he is on the deed....   any help would be appreciated.
1 Comment

There must be someone who was granted Power of Attorney for your mothers passing. If not, you need to ask a lawyer on how to obtain it before you can act legally.
Login to post a comment