Start a new topic

WASHINGTON Owner wanting to move back into rental home - 20day or 90 days?

We are wanting to submit the proper documentation to our current month-to-month tenants to inform them of our desire to have them vacate so we can move back into our home.  There is a ton of mixed messages online since the extension on 6/30/21.   Does anyone know the rules on this?  It's unclear if due to it being month to month that we are able to simply give them the 20 day vacate notice.  Thanks for your help and feedback!!

Here in CA , similar situation. I Provided the tenant a 30 notice on July 1,2021 . He refuses to leave, continues paying rent and is resistive to moving without being evicted ? If he asked for Keys for Cash? He is NOT on a contract only Month to month . I want my house back and am in disbelief that this person is completely wanting to go the eviction route . He said he wants $7500 to leave !!! Otherwise for me to proceed with eviction process !?
Here in CA , similar situation. I Provided the tenant a 30 notice on July 1,2021 . He refuses to leave, continues paying rent and is resistive to moving without being evicted ? If he asked for Keys for Cash? He is NOT on a contract only Month to month . I want my house back and am in disbelief that this person is completely wanting to go the eviction route . He said he wants $7500 to leave !!! Otherwise for me to proceed with eviction process !?
To me, each month you accept rent and cashing it, it is the same as renewing the month to month lease.  Stop cashing the rent check, give written notice to move out and follow through with an eviction, if need be.  But as you accept the rent, take it to the bank, deposit it, it is the same as renewing the month to month lease.
Login to post a comment