Start a new topic

room mate eviction

I do not have a rental agreement for my 40 year old daughter. She lives in my house and pays rent just verbal agreement. I need to have her move out due to my mom is going to move in so I can care for her. How can I legally evict her. She is not willing to move.   Posted by Donna C, CA on Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Yes,  She should be considered a month to month tenant.  Give her a 30 day notice of non- renewal.   If she doesn't leave  file for eviction.
Hi Donna, I came across your post and wanted to reach out. First of all, I am sorry that you are dealing with this (especially with your daughter). Eviction issues can often become a liability, and lawyers can charge thousands before speaking with you.   Our team has created “Lawyer for a Day” to help you avoid that problem. We are on a mission to make cost-effective legal representation available to everyone. On our site, you can have a 1 hour conversation with one of our landlord/tenant attorneys in your state for $125. We also provide court appearances for a flat rate of $300. Are you available for a 10-minute call to see if this would be a fit for you? Feel free to email me at "" and check us out at
Login to post a comment