Start a new topic

Landlords Revolt Against Government Assistance

If we want for this country and our businesses to survive we need to take a stand for what we believe is right. Even more so, we need to take a stand against what we believe is wrong. We work day after day to provide for the well being of ourselves and our families. We build and run our businesses not only to survive but to prosper. This government thinks it can take more and more and more of what we have worked so hard for simply to hand it to others who are not willing to do for themselves. This is madness in all honesty and goes against EVERYTHING this country was built on and we all know it. What are we left to do when half of this country’s citizens are living off the hard work and determination of the other half? It seems almost hopeless when there is such a split. Our votes are no longer enough to make a change and if we let it go on for another 4 years the percentage will only be higher next time! We as the citizens are losing power over this country! Are we just going to sit back and let the blood shed by our ancestors be for nothing, while this country falls from everything it was ever built to be!? NO!!!  I am a landlord and property manager and I have a proposition for every landlord and property manager in this country. The government wants to take our money to give to people unwilling to work for themselves in the form of HUD, social security disability, unemployment, and TANF just so these people can give us back our own money to live in our houses and apartments for free!! I don’t think so. There is something we can do about this and it’s very simple.  The government provides this assistance so that these people can take care of themselves and their families without actually working for it, now that includes housing. They have to have a place to live and we just so happen to have all those places. I simply propose we together no longer rent to the people receiving this assistance except in rare cases where they may actually be physically unable to work themselves. Just make a rule and stick to it. No more renting to anyone who does not work for what they have. Once this is done country wide it will become a lead story in the media, drawing more people to do the same. These people will be left with no choice but to realize that the only way they will have a roof over their head is if they get off their lazy asses and get a job, because we own the roofs!!!
1 Comment

Jared, your passion is refreshing BUT BEWARE!!!  "Not renting to someone on the basis of whether or whether or not they are receiving public assistance is DISCRIMINATION!! Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. Programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the United States Department of Education are covered by Title VI. The Office for Civil Rights (U.S. Department of Education), is the law enforcement agency charged with enforcing Title VI. ANY LANDLORD WHO WANTS TO START ANY TYPE OF REVOLT SUCH AS THIS needs to be familiar with the repurcussions! Not everyone receiving assistance are sponging off of the system. I personally rented to a nice single mom who was laid off recently and found herself in the need of assistance. I worked with her and she is now all caught up and off of assistance.
Login to post a comment