Start a new topic

broken trust landlord/tenant

Just want to know what to do now. I allow protnetial tenant move a couple of thing in before signing a lease argeement with me (a couple of large flat sreen tvs, some clothing). We had argeed for her to sign the lease May 1st, didn't happen... she didn't all the money. Three times she has tried to get me to agree on letting move in and she would pay everything at an agreed time, I refused her offers. She has had untillties turned on at the property and cable connected. But She has broken my trust by agreeing to meet with me to give the full payment and then not showning. At this  point all I want is her to move her things out but she for a week now has not returned my calls. What can I do?   Thanks  Ken

As you have no signed lease agreement at this time, you can tell her she needs to remove her belongings by a certain date. I would mention that someone else has signed and PAID to lease said dwelling. Hopefully this will clear up this matter.
You have to first find out what the Landlord/Tenant Laws are for your state and make sure that you are in compliance with them and are covered in whatever actions you take...A good way to do it is to contact a local lawyer that deals with Landlord/Tenant cases and run it by them whatever it is that you intend to do. Personally if I went through that and was not able to get ahold of them I would collect all phone records of where I attempted to contact them to remove the property from the premises that they were not even signed into a lease for and log all information I could recolect of what happened and then I would sell the stuff or give it to goodwill and write it off on taxes.
Tell her to move out with her belongings in 72 hours.  If she doesn't, then she is illegally trespassing.  Call the local law enforcement authorities and have her removed.  She is taking advantage of your inaction.  Landlords set the rules, not the tenants.
Landlords set the rules, not the tenants and CERTAINLY not the non-tenants.  By what legal authority is she staying in property that is not hers?  Could she stay in a hotel with no legal agreement in place and not pay?  Could she stay in an apartment with no legal agreement and not pay? No and no.  She would be told to leave and be removed if necessary.  Again, she is taking advantage of your kindness, indecision and inaction.  She'll do it for 20 years if you let her.  It's up to you.
Landlords set the rules, not the tenants and CERTAINLY not the non-tenants.  By what legal authority is she staying in property that is not hers?  Could she stay in a hotel with no legal agreement in place and not pay?  Could she stay in an apartment with no legal agreement and not pay? No and no.  She would be told to leave and be removed if necessary.  Again, she is taking advantage of your kindness, indecision and inaction.  She'll do it for 20 years if you let her.  It's up to you.
Login to post a comment