Start a new topic

Ending or renewing the lease agreement

I use Ez-landlord forms my question is when I do my form I put that the lease will automatically renew for another lease term if the tenant(s) or myself does not give a 30 day notice before the end of lease.  In the lease it states no. 22 ending the lease agreement: A. At the end of the lease term this lease agreement shall automatically continue for an additional lease term until such time landlord and/or tenant(s) provide a written notice of 30 days prior to the end of the lease agreement or lease renewal.  (Does) this mean that if my tenant(s) do not give me a 30 day written notice they are obligated to another one year lease term and can not just give me a notice they will vacate in 30 days?  This would be the Idaho wording in the lease.    I also, have Montana leases that state in no. 23 ending or renewing the lease agreement:  A. At the end of the lease term, this lease agreement shall automatically continue for an additional lease term unless the landlord or the tenant(s) provide to the other party advance written notice of at least 30 days prior to the last day of the lease agreement or renewal thereof. Does this one also, require once the tenant(s) go beyond the lease period and enter into a new year are they required to stay the full year or can they just give a 30 day notice after about 2 months into the next years lease or do I have to re-do a new lease or send them a re-newal form?
Login to post a comment