Start a new topic

Owner needs to move into an apartment that is being rented

I am selling my primary residence and need to move into one of my apartments. What kind of notice do I give the tenant for the reason that I, as the owner, need to take over the apartment for my personal residence. The tenant is month to month and I live in MA.  Is there a special clause that needs to be part of the notice?

In Massachusetts you can give the tenant a notice to vacate. Since it is a month to month lease, you don't need cause.
Dougas B, do you know if this is the same in Washington DC? Would you advise, please? Thank you in advance!
Login to post a comment