Start a new topic

Suing for Backed Up Rent and Utilities

In Georgia, am I able to sue tenant in small claims court for backed up rent and utilities after giving tenant a 30 day notice to vacate the property but while the tenant still resides at the rented premises and prior to him officially moving out? The 30 days is not up yet but i would like to have him served before he moves out with it being then difficult for me to locate his new address. I am not at the stage of having to evict him yet since the 30 days is not up yet and he may voluntarily leave before the end of this month.
1 Comment

Small claims court in Georgia handles money claims of less than $15,000. So as long as the backed rent and the utilities are less than that you are good to go! I hope this helps!
Login to post a comment